Sunday, December 21, 2008

Italian Christmas Dinner tips

Hi Angie-

You are thinking of Ventimiglia's on Dodge Park just north of 15 Mile Road. I miss not having that place nearby, especially at this time of year! Depending on how many layers you like in lasagna, you will need more or less noodles. I usually do 8-10 layers. Remember if you buy too many lasagna always freezes well.

As for the recipes, no problem.

The chicken should be cut as thin as you'd like and then pounded out to tenderize. I just drag it through egg and then coat with Italian breadcrumbs. You can add any seasonings you'd like to the breadcrumbs including parmesan or romano cheese. It's really just a matter of preference.

For the green beans, you can use fresh or frozen. If you use fresh, be sure to snap the ends off. Frozen are nearly as good and much simpler. I usually use 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil and fry one or two cloves of minced garlic. After a minute or two, add the beans. Season with salt and pepper and toss with the olive oil. I usually cook to taste, I'd guess about 15 minutes tossing periodically.

I'd be happy to help if you have any more questions. All of this talk is making me hungry!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Joe

No comments:

Vegetable Pasta Primavera (+ shrimp or chicken optional)

 Olive Oil Onion 1/2 chopped Garlic (a lot) (saute) Can Diced or Petit Diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz) or bigger can if making more. White wine 1/4...